Thursday, June 23, 2011

Week 3 Done...Butterfly

Things are getting a little harder. Week three was very hard for me because I was short on money thus being short on groceries. Meaning that I had to eat stuff that I usually wouldn't eat, but I did not stray from my diet. It seems like I have had a lot of cravings this week. I wanted chocolate really really bad. I am not sure if it was because they kept showing the dove chocolate commercials while I was watching the Nora Roberts' movie marathon or if my body really wanted it. Either way I did not get chocolate. I made it through that big temptation okay.
I made a new recipe this week and it was super yummy. I had low carb salmon patties. I used onion, two pouches of salmon, egg, lemon pepper seasoning, and used crushed up pork rinds for the binder. I mixed it all together and made patties and cooked them in butter. They were so good!!
I managed to lose 6 lbs this week. I was very excited that I lost that much. It is a great momentum to keep it up. I have lost 18lbs so far. I have been trying to figure out a little bit of a reward system to reward myself with something when I lose weight. I have decided that when I lose 30 lbs I am going to get my hair cut. When I lose 50 lbs. I am going to buy new scrub pants. I figure by then I can come up with more rewards but I am just trying to focus on the short term goals for now.
 I have really been slacking in the exercise area. Please continue to stay on me about it. I am wanting to train for a 5k in September and one in October. I need to get started now. I am thinking that if I start training on the treadmill indoors then I can move outdoors in the last month or so. I am not sure that would be good but I do know that it is really too hot to run in the evening now. I did manage to get some exercise in the week though. I walked for two miles on Saturday and went to Castaway Cove yesterday. I swear we went around the lazy river a million times!! Walked up the stairs twice to get on the water slides. Walked a lot yesterday. I know I am feeling better overall, but my energy isn't quite where I want it to be.
It seems that I have been inspiring others to try out this diet. I think that is great, but I want everyone to know that I am not trying to get any glory for this. I know that I prayed that God would help me and that is exactly what He is doing. I know that for many of us big women it is hard to look at ourselves and find something to love. Seems all we seem to see is a big, fat blob. I often times have caught myself feeling this way. I personally  don't love the way I look, but I know inside of me there is a beautiful butterfly wanting to come out. I am beautiful on the inside. It has taken me a long time to realize this. So many times as women we try to define ourselves by our body size, our skin color, curly hair, straight hair, tan, pale or any other things that we choose to pick on ourselves about. God did not make trash, or blobs for that matter. He made people in his image...can you imagine God being a blob? Nope me either. I imagine Him being the most beautiful being in the galaxy. So we should be mindful that we are made in God's own image. That He didn't make junk. And no matter what people say about you, you have the potential to be a beautiful being on the inside and out. It isn't an easy accomplishment to lose weight, or to improve your health. I have heard some say it is the hardest thing that you will ever do is to lose weight and keep it off. So far my journey is on a good start. Thank you so much for your support! Thanks for holding me accountable too! You have no idea how much it means to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment