Saturday, June 18, 2011

Week 2 Done On to Week 3

So Wednesday marked the end of week two for me and weigh in day. Was very ready for weigh in day because I just knew I had done well this week. I lost 4 lbs. I weighed right at 290.4. I wanted to be in the 280's so I was a bit disappointed. But was so very blessed that God has continued to be with me during this journey. I am also surrounded by a great support group who has really helped me stay on track. So I cheated again with the weighing issue and weighed again on Friday. I had lost two pounds and was in the numbers I wanted to be in for the week(288). I was so happy.
I really want this to be a change. I know some people don't understand why it is so important to me. But even having the stressful week that I had, I did not one time use food for comfort. I prayed and complained to a bunch of people but I did not keep those feelings inside. I think that was the difference. I try to keep it in and I use food as a way to let it out. It is important to me to get this weight off because it is something that I can do for myself. Something that I am in control of. It is also going to benefit all of those around me. When I feel better, and have more energy then I can give my best to everyone. I am not trying to lose weight to get a man or for vanity purposes, but I just want to be healthy.
I had an exciting workout the other night at my friend's house. We played Just Dance II on the Wii! I have to get that game soon! I loved it. Even though I felt like a big dork, it was fun and got me sweating. I guess it took my place of my walking workout. Didn't do any exercise yesterday because I was not feeling well. I promised the kids that we would go walking by the river today. We did do that and I think I have experienced heat exhaustion! It was a very beautiful trail. Got to see some awesome birds. I am thinking I might need to train for my 5k indoors until it cools down though! Or maybe will have to get up early in the morning and train outside. Since I now know I can walk for an hour in the blazing hot Texas heat I can skip ahead to the walk a minute, jog a minute week! Just wanted to give you all an update! It is going good! God is with me and will see me through this as long as I continue to pray and follow his plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment