Sunday, June 26, 2011

I did it!!

I have been putting off what I did today for a long, long time. I have used every single excuse to not do it. But today I, as Michael Jordan said, "Just did it!" I know it is humorous but to this big girl getting on the treadmill is not fun. One time, a long time ago, when I worked out at Fit N Slender, I did a work out on the treadmill and blacked out afterwards. After that the treadmill has scared me. But today I had to either deal with the crazy hot sun or the treadmill. My choice the treadmill.
Now one of my goals is to run a 5k. I plan to do one in September and one in October. So I figured I better start the training now. I have procrastinated about a week now and this morning I told myself I was going to start. I didn't really want to. I had tons of negative feelings about it. I was thinking my fat is going to jiggle, I am going to sweat profusely, I am going to huff and puff, and I really thought I wouldn't be able to do it. I am doing the couch to 5k training thing. The first week you have to determine if you can walk three times a week for thirty minutes. I can do that. This week I have to walk for a warm up 5 min jog/run for a minute, walk a minute and 30 seconds (six intervals) and then a 5 min cool down walk. Seems those minutes of jogging went by fast except for interval 5 and 6...everything that I thought would happen (IE: jiggling fat, huffing and puffing, sweating profusely) happened except I did do it! It felt amazing. I may be weird but I loved the feeling of sweat pouring off me, I loved drinking two bottles of water while huffing and puffing and I loved that I did it, finally.
Actually I should say that God gave me the strength to do something I had serious doubts about. This is a journey and I know that there will be speed bumps, but I also know there is nothing that I can not do through Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment