Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Time for Change...

All I can say about this week is WOW! Last week I gained six pounds and was a little bit down about it, but as I figured I was retaining a lot of water. My doctor did decide to increase that medication so I would not be retaining much water. Also now since I am on week 3 of the c25k my legs are getting used to the running and don't seem near as sore (thus the inflammation and swelling is gone too). So I lost a total of 7 lbs this week. My six week total is 23 lbs. I weighed in on Monday and I was down to 278 but today I weighed 279. And I am OK with that. This journey is not always easy, I have seen some people try and give up, I have inspired people to try it out, and I have remained strong through many temptations.
The exercise amazes me. I have never really pushed my body the way I have been. Honestly the training is so intense for me because I am such a big chick. I sweat profusely. And this week is very hard because I have to run 3 minutes straight. Last night was my first training like that and I did try it but during my 3 min run I had to stop and breathe for about 30 seconds but I made it through the work out. I did a mile in 18:13 min. and I did 1.64 miles in 28 min. My time seems to improve every workout. It helps to have upbeat music and no interruptions. I am really looking forward to doing the Archer City Shortgrass Scamper in September and Race for the Cure in October. I have always wanted to be the runner instead of the walker and hopefully this year is the year to make it happen.
Not only has my lifestyle taken a change, but I am about to take a HUGE leap of faith in my life. I have decided to go back to college for my RN degree. What this means for me is the opportunity to make my life and my daughter's life better. It also gives me a chance to make this world a better place. My goal is to be a patient educator. I want to help people learn to control their illnesses and help them with their diets. This also mean that I have to leave a job that I love, and a family of friends and coworkers that I have been blessed to have for five years. It is a very heartbreaking situation for me. I do not like change, and I do not like uncertainty. Yesterday I was very upset about this change. I was fearful about not knowing what I was going to do, where I was going to get money to make it by and how I was supposed to everything that I needed to do. But today I have had peace about it. I know that God has this all under control. I also know that I am not saying goodbye to my friends and coworker family, I am just saying see ya soon. I know that they are all proud of me, that they believe in me, and that they will always be there for me.
This is all I got in me today. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment