Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Investment of a Lifetime

For the longest time I have only been able to see the struggle of life. You know the struggle of making it through each day, the Monday morning wake ups, the kids fighting,and arguing about what to have for dinner. Sometimes it was just a struggle to keep one foot in front of the other. Some days you are ready to give up and other days they are just great. But it is all part of the battle of life. 
I have been a Christian since I was 15 years old. And I have been a backslider for many years. I wasted so much time trying to be something and someone that God knew I couldn't be. I am not sure why things work as they do, but God knows. I am not sure why until about two months ago I didn't realize that God through Jesus has forgiven me for everything in my past, all my sins now, and all the sins I have yet to commit. God knows that His son was the only perfect person. He desires for me to strive to be like His precious son, but knows that I will fall short. But the biggest thing that I didn't realize 19 years ago was that every single day I have to make the commitment to follow Jesus. I have to make the time to seek His face. I can't just say that I am a Christian and go on my merry little way doing whatever I want. Trust me it didn't work well for me!! So I am learning as I invest my time in Him, that the struggle isn't quite as hard. I have joy and peace that I haven't had in a long time.
Not only spiritually, but God has made me strong physically. I have physically done things that I didn't know I was capable of, but the way I made it through was by praying for the strength. I have a long ways to go both in my spiritual life and physical life, but now I know that as long as I am investing in the right things (God, reading the word, prayer) God will take care of the rest. 
I encourage you if you are struggling with life, to just let go of that burden. Invest your energy into not carrying around the burdens of life,but to telling God about those burdens. Turn them over to the one that can do something about it. Remember if there is nothing you can do about it, then don't worry about it. Give it to God and pray for peace. And no matter how tempted you are do not take it back and start worrying about it again. God tells us to come to Him when we are weary and heavy laden and He will give us rest. That is the truth my friends. Invest your time and energy in God and see what He can do. I guarantee it is the best investment you will ever make! 




"For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins." Colossians 1:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment